The controller is intended to drive rotary table, lathe head indexer etc. Allowing easy, error free division without the use of division plates.
As well as division the controller allows movement by angles (0.01 to 360 degrees), continuous motion (for machining), positioning (jog mode) and a sophisticated program mode which allows complex sequences of movements and events to be executed.
Multiple controllers can be connected together to allow sophisticated machining operations – e.g. automatic gear cutting, one controller dividing whilst the other moves the cutter.
Input is via a 16 key keypad whilst a 4 line by 20 column LCD display provides information in a user friendly format.
- Jog mode. Keys move CW/CCW in 0.01, 0.1, 1.0 and 10.0 degree steps.
- Division mode. Divide a circle into any number of divisions (including primes) from 1 to 9999 segments.
- Degree mode. Move any number of degrees between 0.01 and 359.99 in 0.01 degree steps. (Accuracy depends on mechanics).
- Continuous mode. Table is driven continously CW/CCW at one of five speeds.
- Program mode. Allows complex programs to be entered and run (storage for 10 programs). Ideal for production runs.
- Configurable for most worm sizes. (Specify number of steps per 360 degrees. i.e. 200 step motor in half step mode and 90:1 worm equals 36,000 steps per revolution with 0.01 degree resolution).
- Five machine profiles. Setup can hold profiles for five machines allowing device to be moved between them.
- Automatic backlash compensation.
- Can handshake with other hardware.